You know those foods that tempt you in your dreams? the one you just can’t.stop.thinking.about? the one that calls to you…”eat me”?
This is that food for me. I had a dream about it again last night, it haunts me with it’s delicious blend of fresh flavors…. and it’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo.
and then there’s the best part, this recipe is from my husband Robert! He makes it for me and I get to enjoy it- oh yummmmm.
1 medium onion Fresh or frozen corn
Cilantro 1 lb seitan
Green onion Oregano
Minced garlic Chili powder
1 – avacodo
1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can veggi broth
1 (8 oz) can white hominy
1 (4oz) can green chili peppers, chopped
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
In a medium stock pot, saute onion and garlic in oil.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 ½ tsp minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Next, stir these in. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (1 tsp cayenne, ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp salt)
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can veggie broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
Add these and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup white hominy
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinse and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb seitan “chicken style” strips cooked and chopped
- avocado, chopped
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- green onion, chopped
- tortilla chips, crushed