First, I must warn you.
These things are addictive! Like really addictive, so plan accordingly!
I love watching the Superbowl, even if we aren’t going anywhere, I make it a fun family event with lots of finger foods and special drinks. Now if you think vegan, healthy finger foods are boring, think again. These are easy, tasty, crunchy and a healthy crowd pleaser. Chances are you have all these ingredients already in your pantry making it budget friendly too.
Sometimes recipes just come naturally, and sometimes it takes numerous revisions in our test kitchen with my taste testers (family), and this is one of those recipes! This is important because I have already spent a lot of time making a bunch mistakes so that you don’t have to.
I also really love all kinds of mustard, can’t stand ketchup, to there are at least 3 kinds of mustard in the house at all times. I’m currently obsessed with stone ground mustard, which I used here, but yellow or dijon will also work well for the dip. If you like ketchup, mix 1 tbs ketchup, 1 tbs vegan mayo and 1 tsp siracha for a kicky ketchup dip.
I would love to hear what your fave Superbowl snack or dip is!
Crispy tofu nuggets with honey mustard dipping sauce
A crunchy and delicious snack or appetizer, these tofu nuggets are a quick and easy option.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 18
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 14 ounce container organic extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup organic flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon light agave
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish, 2-3 tablespoons
- drain and press tofu block for 30 minutes to an hour
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- line a baking sheet with foil
- in medium bowl, combine flour and almond milk, mix until smooth
- in another medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredient (panko through pepper) and mix to combine
- cut the tofu into nugget pieces
- dip tofu into the flour batter, then into the bread crumb mixture and place on baking sheet, evenly spaced
- bake for 20 minutes, take out and turn each piece, then bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- combine all ingredients in small bowl and stir to combine
- Finely chop the parsley and sprinkle over nuggets
sunny vegan http://sunnyvegan.com/
ENTER NOW TO WIN ONE OF 10 Thermos Brand #ShakerBottles!!!
Routines. We all have them, especially a morning routine and I just found a way to make it even easier!
Take my morning espresso, workout, post workout protein kick. It’s usually quite a process, but not anymore.
This new Genuine Thermos® Brand #ShakerBottle is one amazing piece of equipment to add to your healthy routine. If you’ve tried shaking things in a plain bottle and ended up with a lumpy mess like I did, this bottle is totally different. The Thermos bottle has an integrated mixer that helps blend your protein powder shake into a silky smooth drink you can easily make at home or on the go. Some other bottles may leak or be hard to clean, this genuine Thermos Brand #ShakerBottle has a locking seal and is dishwasher safe, both great features I won’t go without again. One of my favorite shakes to make is an iced mocha, but don’t take my word for it…
ENTER HERE to win your own Genuine Thermos® Brand Shaker Bottle!
Then you can see for yourself just how great this bottle is and try my recipe below.
Iced Mocha Protein Shake
Get your protein boost and morning caffeine kick with this easy Iced Mocha Protein Shake.
Add all ingredients to shaker bottle and shake for 30 seconds or until smooth. Add ice to shaker bottle and drink or pour into a glass with ice and garnish with chocolate chips.
For me, if it’s not easy or convenient, I’m not going to do it. This has made my morning routine SO much easier and the best part is, no more protein powder lumps!
Check out more info about the Genuine Thermos Brand Contest, Facebook Page, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!
What’s your favorite pre or post workout shake?
It’s no secret that we eat lots of vegetable, and zucchini noodles, or zoodles, are great because of their versatility. This greek zoodle salad was such a hit, I’ve made it 3 times in the past week. It’s that good!
greek zoodle salad
shake up your traditional greek salad and use zucchini noodles, zoodles, instead of lettuce. this vegan salad is light, filling and travels well making it perfect for your next summer picnic or barbecue.
cut zucchini into zoodles or strands using a spiraling tool or vegetable peeler. in a large bowl, combine zoodles and remaining salad ingredients.
combine all ingredients in jar and shake, or whisk together in a bowl.
in a medium sized bowl, combine Bragg through oregano and whisk ingredients together. add cubed tofu and allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes. drain liquid and add tofu and dressing to salad, mix well.
If you think bruschetta isn’t perfect for a bbq, let me tell you why it is. It’s quick, easy and you can grab a piece and continue chatting with your friends.
I served this a few weeks ago at a barbecue and it was the first thing finished and everyone raved about it! Not only that, but it fit in perfectly with the more traditional bbq dishes, and since I brought this, I knew I would have at least one vegan thing there to eat.
grilled tomato bruschetta
highlighting the best of summer, this bruschetta is a must for your next bbq. With fresh tomatoes and basil, this gorgeous dish comes together in minutes and is a sure crowd pleaser.
heat grill to medium heat, brush each side of bread will olive oil and grill 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown, then allow to cool. combine remaining ingredients in large bowl, spoon mixture onto each slice of bread. garnish with additional basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired. serve immediately.
We are so lucky to live in So-Cal, enjoying gorgeous weather and scenery daily! Sometimes though, amazing things are happening around us and we don’t even know about them. Sometimes we are a tad spoiled by living in such a wonderful place that we miss out on some great events.
Enough is enough! It’s time to enjoy what makes California so great again!
* and in case you don’t live here, not to worry, this will help you plan your visit*
Maybe you’re like me and have been to Newport Beach before, but have you REALLY seen all it has to offer? I didn’t know about these great Holiday events and I can’t wait to go this year and share some So-Cal magic with my girls.
* Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade – I love to be on the water but adding Christmas lights makes it a truly magical experience. They are also offering discounts on Holiday Cruise Tickets!
* Wine Down Wednesday and All Night Happy Hour on Fridays- may not be for the kids but is definitely worth a mention.
* Corona Del Mar Christmas Walk – a free family event December 6th! Santa, live music, beer and wine garden and tons of prizes make this a must do event!
Now that you are all excited to visit Newport Beach, why nat save some $ with deals like free hotel nights, free kids meals and discount whale watching tix.
and a few of my fave instagram So-Cal beach photos…