First, I must warn you.
These things are addictive! Like really addictive, so plan accordingly!
I love watching the Superbowl, even if we aren’t going anywhere, I make it a fun family event with lots of finger foods and special drinks. Now if you think vegan, healthy finger foods are boring, think again. These are easy, tasty, crunchy and a healthy crowd pleaser. Chances are you have all these ingredients already in your pantry making it budget friendly too.
Sometimes recipes just come naturally, and sometimes it takes numerous revisions in our test kitchen with my taste testers (family), and this is one of those recipes! This is important because I have already spent a lot of time making a bunch mistakes so that you don’t have to.
I also really love all kinds of mustard, can’t stand ketchup, to there are at least 3 kinds of mustard in the house at all times. I’m currently obsessed with stone ground mustard, which I used here, but yellow or dijon will also work well for the dip. If you like ketchup, mix 1 tbs ketchup, 1 tbs vegan mayo and 1 tsp siracha for a kicky ketchup dip.
I would love to hear what your fave Superbowl snack or dip is!
- 14 ounce container organic extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup organic flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon light agave
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish, 2-3 tablespoons
- drain and press tofu block for 30 minutes to an hour
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- line a baking sheet with foil
- in medium bowl, combine flour and almond milk, mix until smooth
- in another medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredient (panko through pepper) and mix to combine
- cut the tofu into nugget pieces
- dip tofu into the flour batter, then into the bread crumb mixture and place on baking sheet, evenly spaced
- bake for 20 minutes, take out and turn each piece, then bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- combine all ingredients in small bowl and stir to combine
- Finely chop the parsley and sprinkle over nuggets